Volunteer Receptionist Recruitment
Stirling District Citizens Advice Bureau Ltd is now recruiting for volunteer receptionists for our spring 2022 recruitment intake.
Due to the ongoing impact of the pandemic over the last two years, and the escalating cost of living crisis, there has been a substantial increase in the demand for advice from members of the public all over Stirling district. We therefore are in need of volunteers to train as telephone receptionists to assist our volunteer advice team.
What does Stirling District Citizens Advice Bureau Ltd do?
We offer free, independent, impartial and confidential advice to the public on a wide range of subjects. Examples of regular issues we receive enquiries on include: welfare benefits, money and debt; housing; employment; immigration, consumer and energy issues; relationship and family issues and legal matters.
What can a volunteer role offer you?
- Satisfaction from helping people with their difficulties
- Helping your local community
- Meeting new people from a variety of backgrounds
- An opportunity to learn new knowledge and skills
- Flexibility to volunteer on the days that suit you best.
- Working together with a team of committed volunteers and paid staff.
- A ladder to new career opportunities
Who can volunteer with the Citizens Advice Bureau?
Anyone can volunteer. You don’t have to come with formal qualifications or a vast amount of knowledge. Our training will help you become a confident receptionist and we will provide support to carry out your role.
Because we always want our staff to reflect the community they serve, we hope people of all ages and backgrounds will be interested in finding out more about volunteering with their local CAB.
We are seeking to recruit telephone receptionists now to help us handle initial phone contact from the public and with general administrative tasks. These volunteers will form a vital first point of contact with the public and will be trained how to triage initial enquiries from the public. Average time commitment per week: 4-5 hours. Volunteer expenses are paid.
- Undertaking triage assessments on client background and advice issue prior to adviser contact
- Managing clients’ expectations regarding waiting time and phone back availability.
- Assisting with other administrative duties required in the Bureau.
- A compassionate and friendly manner
- Good customer facing, telephone communication skills
- Adequate IT skills and willingness to use database systems and search tools.
- Attention to detail and good organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Commitment to ongoing training and development
- A commitment to the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Network
Time Commitment – 5 hours per week. 10.00am to 3.00pm either one whole day or two mornings or afternoons per week.
Induction details - All volunteers will receive a comprehensive induction and ongoing training, support and development.
Location – At present advice delivery by our volunteers is focused on telephone and email advice. This is principally delivered at our premises at Norman MacEwan Centre, 3 Cameronian Street, Stirling, FK8 2DX. However, flexible working arrangements also give advisers the option to work remotely from home. When suitable, safe interviewing facilities are identified we will also be returning to face to face appointments.
COVID-19 & Managing risk
Since the onset of the pandemic The Bureau has put in place robust COVID-19 Risk procedures and installed all the relevant HSE measures – remote temperature checking, hand sanitisers, alcohol wipes, signage & screens necessary to protect everyone’s health. Stirling CAB has doubled its weekly cleaning, with deep cleaning every fourth Friday. Stirling CAB also reviews operations at the end of each week.
How do I apply for a volunteer position?
If you would like to find out more about volunteering with Stirling District Citizens Advice Bureau Ltd contact our Volunteer Coordinator Janet Taylor on email email@example.com or Tel: 07376104879