Work for Stirling Citizens Advice
Tackling Rural Isolation Support Service Worker Vacancy
TRI (Tackling Rural Isolation) Outreach Support Service: Pathways to inclusion, resilience and wellbeing in North and West Stirling District
Employer: Stirling District Citizens Advice Bureau Ltd
Job Title: Finance/Energy Capacity/Life Skills Worker
Responsible to: Bureau Manager
Location: Based Stirling CAB & extensive travel throughout North and West Stirling District
Salary: AP4 pt 30 - £26,456 for 35 hrs per week, fixed term for 18 months) tied specifically to the Empowering Communities funding (possible extension thereafter depending on funding) plus 3 % employer’s contributory pension. The post is contingent on final confirmation of funding from SG.
Main Purpose: To break the cycle of food bank dependency by building financial capacity, energy capability and independent living skills within the target community; reducing social isolation, tackling poverty and inequality, reducing social drift, building community cohesion and developing community capacity and resilience.
Roles & responsibilities:
The post-holder will support TRI (Tackling Rural Isolation) Outreach Support Service users to achieve increased financial capacity, become energy capable and develop independent living skills, by providing bespoke advice, support & advocacy as follows:
- Social prescribing & assistance to access further support to address underlying vulnerabilities such as loneliness, mental health, addiction, chaotic lifestyles, offending behaviours.
- Support to better integrate into the local community to address social & economic isolation and loneliness.
- Support for developing financial confidence and responsible financial management, improving independent living skills.
- Assistance with mitigating the impact of welfare reforms and maximising income.
- Help with financial and digital inclusion: support to access bank accounts & to digitally access cheaper services to free up income and build digital capacity, confidence and savings.
- Support to access appropriate affordable borrowing; to explain implications of borrowing; and to access debt resolution strategies.
- Support to access, efficiently use and manage economically viable energy provision.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Managing and providing support and direction to the volunteer Finance/Energy Capacity/Life Skills Workers on the TRI (Tackling Rural Isolation) Outreach Support Service, in consultation with the Food Capacity Worker/Support Worker and Bureau Manager.
- Developing procedures, tools and service delivery methods, providing feedback as necessary on areas where there are issues or room for improvement, in consultation with the Food Capacity Worker/Support Worker and Bureau Manager.
- Adapting Stirling CAB’s training and assessment methods, and updating training as needed on a continuous basis, in order to provide appropriate training for volunteers and enable outcome tracking.
- Recruiting, training and managing a team of volunteers to be responsible for the day-to-day delivery of the service and to be involved in shaping its future.
- Consulting with TRI staff and volunteers regarding individual clients’ progress.
- Provide quarterly reports on progress to the TRI working group, and feedback to the funder in accordance with their procedures.
- Developing and managing the partnership with Start Up Stirling, ensuring partner liaison and feedback.
- Assessing capacity-building outcomes, linked to the key review stages agreed for each TRI client.
- Gathering and analysing TRI client feedback and reviewing the capacity building methodology being utilised, in consultation with the Food Capacity Worker/Support Worker and Bureau Manager.
- Actively participating in and influencing stakeholder groups, e.g. Tackling Poverty and Inequality Group, Adult Education and other relevant frontline workers’ groups, in consultation with the Food Capacity Worker/Support Worker and Bureau Manager
- Reviewing outcomes and developing options for the extension of the project to other areas of need within Stirling District, in consultation with the Food Capacity Worker/Support Worker and Bureau Manager.
For an application pack please contact – Craig Anderson, Bureau Manager, email@example.com or for an informal discussion call 01786 464773
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 28th February 2020, postal applications should be marked JOB APPLICATION